Manager, Supplier Diversity & Outreach, Small Business Liaison Officer, Shell Oil Company
Brian received his B.A. in Marketing and Computer Science at Sam Houston State University as well as post-graduate work at Texas A&M and Rice University. Brian started his career in energy with Diamond Shamrock (now Valero) in 1989, and recently completed his 23rd year with Shell Oil Company in Houston. Throughout his career, he has delivered business impact across many of Shell’s business units including Retail Marketing, Shell Chemicals and Shell Pipeline. However, Brian describes his current Diversity & Inclusion work as the “role of a lifetime” as he helps his team build and develop the pipeline of diverse talent and business enterprises as Manager of Corporate Supplier Diversity, Diversity Outreach and Small Business Programming for Shell and Motiva Enterprises in the US.
Current roles in diversity include;
- Board Member, Marketing Committee Chair; National Hispanic Corporate Council
- Global Services Committee, Corporate Ambassador; Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
- Chair, Corporate Advisory Committee; Women’s Business Enterprise Alliance
- Corporate Advisory Committee; National Association of Veteran Owned Businesses
- Corporate Advisory Committee; National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
Brian leadership expands into the community through philanthropy and volunteer roles with various organizations, including 13 years as National Board Vice President of Theta Chi Fraternity, Lifetime Member of the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo, Board Member of the Sam Houston State Alumni Association, as well as Founder and President of FridayHarbour.org, a Houston based non-profit organization providing free temporary housing for cancer patients/families seeking treatment in the Texas Medical Center.